Monday 21 July 2014

The Last Few Days

So I've been a little bit naughty and not typed up the last couple of days but screw it I'm on holiday!

I'm just going to do a combined post for days 5, 6 and 7 as nothing huge happened, Lets see -

DAY 5

We woke up and spent a lazy morning by the pool before finalising our plans to go to the beach in Pria de Rocha with a few friends of mine. We met them in Monchique, the village at the bottom of the mountain for a quick drink before we headed over to Portimao. It was really lovely to be spending a few hours with them as it's been a few years since I've seen them.

The beach was more crowded than the west coast but that is only to be expected as it renowned for being a touristy beach. The weather wasn't fantastic, I mean it was still really hot but there was a bit of a wind and a few clouds - which compared to the last few days seems cold.


We spent a few hours sunbathing, chatting and swimming before returning to the car - only to realise that we had been blocked in with no way out. The local bar called the police for us whilst we ate a slushie. I wish I was making this up. I tried the door and kicked the tyre to see if the alarm would go off but no luck. 30 minutes later the guy returns and I shout "Where the hell have you been?!" at him. He apologised profusely but I mean come on! What a jerk.

Anyway we finally drove off and headed up the mountain for some more homecooked food before calling it a night.

DAY 6

I woke everyone bright and early and changed all the organised fun by suggesting that we moved our Slide & Splash day to today as the weather was horrible up in the mountains. The clouds were swirling around us and you could feel the rain in them. Normally the weather improves once you head down the mountain and today was no exception.

Myself, Leigh, my Brother, his girlfriend and my Dad all squished into the car to head toward the water park that I havent been to since I was a child. My Dad came along because he is a big kid just like us and we knew he would love it.

As you can imagine I wasn't able to get too many photographs whilst we were there. Leigh and I are looking at maybe getting a go pro but they are a bit pricey and I'm not sure we would use it enough to warrant spending that money, although I digress. We managed to get one of us racing down the slide! I'm the second from the left.


We had a fantastic day, it started raining on us at one point but it didnt matter because we were wet anyway so what is a little bit of rain water going to hurt. It was fun to watch everyone else scurry under treas and umbrellas and the queue for the jacuzzi got quite a bit bigger.

We chased and raced each other down the slides, we doubled up for The Black Hole  (a slide in the pitch black) and Tornado (which has a massive bowl which you shoot out into). I forgot how much climbing there was to be done in the day, and how much you get thrown around! We had such lovely day - I would recommend going whatever age you are!


We sped back to the villa as we had to go back to Monchique that evening for a party. I was so happy that I got to see all of my friends. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face, it has been far too long. After a few drinks in the bars we headed back to my friends house where we continued to party away until 5.30 when we decided that we needed some sleep! We got given a cute little cabin with a pretty good view.


DAY 7

So we literally did nothing. After the night before we were in no state to even move. We got a taxi back to the Villa and saw some goats....


....before falling asleep for a few hours and then moving outside in the sun to spend a few hours working on my tan.

We had a delicious roast for dinner, and meringue with soaked cherries for pudding - one of my favourites. After the meal we took ourselves off to bed still worn out from the night before!

C xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment