Thursday 17 July 2014

Beachy Keen

Third day and we were up and ready to go to the beach! It took slightly longer than anticipated but once we had eaten breakfast and mooched around for a bit we set off down the mountain. 

Being able to call a Villa in the mountains home is lovely but it's a little bit far from a beach! We did however pass some very friendly cows who love the grass at the top...


We took the back roads down to the West coast to a small, relatively secluded, beach called Praia de Amoeria which is quite an unspoilt beach which gets quite good waves and is used by all the surfers. If you want to find it then it's just outside a little town called Aljezur. We stopped off along the way to take some more pictures of the scenery which just never stops being beautiful.


We could smell the sea before we saw it and there was some excitement in the car as we got closer, especially as we were all a bit peckish so the thought of some beach bar food was a pleasing one. I went for the burger and chips, which oddly came with an egg?! It was nice enough though and all washed down with a 'Caneca' (Portuguese for a pint!).


We quickly took to the sand after we had got the bill and spread our towels out ready to do some roasting (but responsibly with lots of suncream of course....). We spent quite a happy afternoon dividing our time between the sunbathing and swimming in the ocean, which was refreshing rather than freezing.

My favourite thing about this picture is that everyone looks naked apart from me!Oh and Leigh has his hat of course...

We headed back to the Villa at around 6, just in time to shower and wash the salt out of my hair and inspect the tops of my legs where I may not have been liberal enough with the suncream before sitting down to eat some very yummy homemade food, washed down with, you guessed it, Sangria.


I fell into bed worn out from the sea air and walking on the sand (why is it so hard to walk on?! My calves are killing me!)

I am enjoying myself so much, it's lovely to have time to relax and have fun.

C xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment