Wednesday 23 July 2014

A Very Full Day

After an earlier start and a slightly hurried breakfast the family set off en masse to Lagos. For as long as I can remember we make our pilgrimage to Don Sebastios, one of our favourite restaurants in the Algarve.

We are well known there and have our own table, being greeted like old friends when we get there. Before we sit down for lunch we always go to the same bar which is perfectly positioned with it's sitting area to  people watch, which my mother and grandmother do with relish.

They also do pretty big beers there too, which matches perfectly with my pretty big hat....


After we finished our drinks Leigh and I had a walk down the back streets until we came across one of my favourite artists shop. I have been buying this ladies paintings for nearly 10 years and every time I return I buy a new one. I have quite a collection at home! This time I picked a slightly different one, as I normally go for street scenes, but it will go beautifully in our pale yellow kitchen.


We had a quick walk around some of the other shops before heading over to the restaurant to meet the others. We walked in and started naming all fish instantly, I like fish but I have real issues with picking my own!

We sat down and tucked into fresh bread, cheese, olives and chorizo which cooks on your table. I tried not to eat too much as I didn't want to ruin my main course!


I had what I always have, seafood rice. It comes in a big pottery pot and includes crab, mussels, prawns,  langoustines and clams all mixed in with tomato flavoured rice. It is by far one of my favourite ever meals and made even better by the big bib and tools you get to eat it with.

We always have figs and walnuts to finish, served with a glass of 'on the house' port or amaretto. We all took turns trying to crack as many nuts as possible.


After finishing our glorious meal we headed down to the seafront for ice-cream. I got Rum and Raisin as it's my favourite, but not one you find very often.


Feeling very, very full we headed back to the Villa where we spent a nice evening watching films, whilst I did a food shop. All very glamorous.  

C xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment