Saturday 23 November 2013

#SaveTheDay

So of course it is a very exciting day because it's the Day of the Doctor!

And in honour of this momentous occasion we baked a cake, and what a fine cake it is.

The recipe was just a simple traditional Victoria sponge but I doubled up to make 2 cakes, so I used:

Ingredients

5 free-range egg
340g/12oz caster sugar,
340g/12oz self-raising flour
340g/12oz softened butter
1 tub of Betty Crockers Vanilla Buttercream (I was being lazy!)
1 bottle of blue food colouring

 Method to the madness

This is a bit of a simple one -

Make up the mixture by whisking all the ingredients together. Making silly faces in the mixture is optional.


Bake half the mixture and the wash out the tin and bake the second cake - I used a loaf tin for this purpose. I baked them for 30 minutes and then let them cool before cutting of any raised cake so you have a flat base and then turned one of the cakes upside down so they fitted together.


I then mixed the food colouring in until I it turned blue. It's not as dark as I liked but I only had half a bottle so this was the colour I got. 

 
The next step was to cover both cakes with the blue icing



Before drawing on a Tardis using a piping bag.

 
And there we have it! A lovely Tardis cake!

 
Happy Day of the Doctor!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment