Tuesday 9 July 2013

Recipe - Mushroom, Bacon and Blue Cheese Soup

Trying to catch up with all my blog posts now I am back from Glastonbury. I will be posting about it soon but first here is a soup recipe.

I know it isn't exactly soup weather at the moment but I tried a similar one at Glastonbury and it was so good I had to try and recreate it.

Ingredients

25 g butter
250g Chopped Leek and cabbage mixture (I bought a pre-sliced bag from ASDA because I'm lazy)
200g sliced mushrooms
500 ml chicken stock
30g blue cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked



Method to the Madness

Heat some butter in large saucepan over medium heat and then add the leeks, cabbage and mushrooms. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Whilst your veg is cooking cut the bacon into smallish squares and then fry off in another pan. Once cooked add to the vegetable pan.



Make up the chicken stock and add to your mixture, bringing to boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a food processor and add the blue cheese. DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND ADD TOO MUCH BLUE CHEESE. I've said 30g in the Ingredients but it really is best to add a little at a time otherwise it overpowers everything. My soup tasted like a blue cheese soup.

Might be best not to let any animals up on the work surface......


Blitz it in the processor. I tried to add chunky bits to mine but it didn't work – it ended up lumpy and horrible so instead I let the food processor do its work for 5 minutes so the soup was smooth.


Serve and try not to lick the bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment