Tuesday 11 June 2013

Weighty Issues

Something new readers will not know is of my continued efforts to lose weight and eat better.

Last year I was doing really well. I had dropped a stone and half, I was going to the gym 3 times a week (which I still hated but forced. I don't think I will ever like the gym.) and I was feeling much better about myself....And then I climbed over a park gate, my dress got stuck at the top and I fell with my ankle twisted under me and a with a rip in my dress.

I didn't break it but I did sprain it VERY badly meaning that all my hard work and gym time had to stop and with it the weight piled back on and I avoided the scales.

My saviour came in the form of a very lovely girl called Sarah who needed someone to do a case study on for her nutrition course. I volunteered and promptly set to work cutting out all white carbs, most sugar and all the fun things in life. Keeping a food diary meant that I had to look at the food choices I was making and realising that someone else was going to see those 5 babybels I ate in a row made me stop.

I have now been eating brown rice, weighing my cheese and scoffing down fruit for 12 weeks. I have managed to lose a very respectable 13lbs or 5.8kg for the Americans/Australians/Anyone else. I am 1lb off a stone and I have been promised a present so I am very eager to see how I've done at my weigh in tomorrow.

So far I haven't been indulging in exercise, my ankle still twinges a year on so I need to be careful but I have said to myself that once my exam is over I will make a real effort to work out and hopefully keep losing.

I am doing this to be healthy and happy and because I need to do this now before I become old, or pregnant and I can never get my body the way I want it. I still have 34lbs or 15.4kg to go but I am optimistic that I will have lost this by the end of the year and I will finally be satisfied that my body is a happy place. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment