Monday 17 June 2013

See you on the other side.....

The time is nearly upon us! It is just over a week before I will be taking myself off to Glastonbury for 5 days and to say that I'm a little excited would be the calm version of what I am feeling.

This will be my 4th year going to the land of mud, music, fun, and smelly toilets. My boyfriend and I weren't too sure if we wanted to go this year as quite a few of our friends aren't going and we aren't too impressed with the line up this year but when we sat down and wrote a list of pros and cons no matter how many cons there were the biggest pro was always IT’S GLASTONBURY!



It is always quite special when we get to go because I met my boyfriend there and it will be our 3 year anniversary this year so it’s nice that we are lucky enough to keep getting tickets and are able to go back. If you haven’t been you have to go at least once in your lifetime. The atmosphere is just incredible, everyone is so friendly and they look out for each other, you get to see some amazing bands that you perhaps wouldn't normally get to see – prime examples and some my favourite are Scissor Sisters, Faithless, Snoop Dogg, Stevie Wonder, and Coldplay to name a few. The not washing for 5 days is fine as everyone else smells the same and it’s what baby wipes were invented for, there are always strains of music to be heard from somewhere and on the first night going up to Stone Circle and watching the hundreds of lanterns being lit and sent on their way is skin tingling. These are the reasons that we are willing to pay £205 for a ticket despite the line up being a bit crap.

I want to see the following:

Arctic Monkeys
Mumford and Sons
Vampire Weekend
Example
The Hives
Chase & Status
Bastille
Disclosure
Rudimental
Skream & Benga
Sub Focus
SBTRKT
Netsky
Flux Pavillion

I am also taking a trip to Primark at the end of the week to pick up some bits and pieces so I can put together some Glasto outfits. I have been frantically checking the weather and although it’s still 9 days to go and could change it doesn't look too awful currently but if it does rain I've got my brand new wellies to splash around in.

So now it is just a case of buying all of our alcohol – we are going for two 2ltr bottles of vodka & mixer and rum & mixer each and some cans and boxes of wine. I really am not looking forward to carrying it all on my back though!

I am so looking forward to this, it’s going to be different as it will just be my boyfriend, our friend and me but I think Glastonbury is what you make it and we are going to make it a bloody good one! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment