Wednesday 14 January 2015

Fat Shaming

Isn't there just something about the New Year that makes us all want to better ourselves!

My post today is something that I do to myself. I make constant excuses and to be honest I'm bored of being disappointed in me.

I am a massive culprit for the New Year 'lets lose a few pounds' which is fine but it's never maintained. I do it for a few months, lose motivtion and then think 'bloody hell this is boring - back to the melted cheese I go'. And really it should be fine. I should just accept and be happy that I like my food but when I see pictures of myself I just end up thinking I'm not happy. Sure in the cheese infused moment I am, but not so much when I am crying over my reflection.

So to be honest I've just had enough. I've gone back to my Fitness Pal and I am logging everything I eat. I've already noticed trends and have made moves to change them. My problem areas are fat and sugar. Even when I started eating 'better' fruit still has SO much sugar so I've been trying super hard to keep under my 45g allowance for the day.

Anyway its paid off so far, I've lost half a stone but I'm not too excited as I always lost the first stone quickly, its the others I need to worry about.

I even bought my very first sports bra the other day so now my they wont hit me in the face...fantastic news all round. I spent most of last night shouting at my fitness DVD man for making me suffer but I think if I stick with it, maybe, just maybe, it might stop being so painful.

I don't know something seems to have shifted this year, I think I'm realising that it's going to get harder as I get older so if I really want to shift a significant amount now is the time I have to do it. Plus I'm fed up of my thighs rubbing together and I want to go bare legged this summer, tights in the heat are a real pain.  

I'm just going to keep ploughing through and changing little things like my portion sizes and hopefully I will be able to finally shift those couple of stone and keep them off for good. I'm still going to treat myself to a couple of pieces of fried chicken every once in a while though, I mean come on, I'm only human!

C x


No comments:

Post a Comment