Friday 3 October 2014

Glastonbury 2015

If you have come to my blog via Facebook then you will probably know that I was one of the lucky 15,000 to snag myself some tickets to next year's Glastonbury Festival on Wednesday when the Coach + Ticket went on sale! (The main sale will be on Sunday at 9am where 120,000 more tickets will be available).

Having missed out on a chance to go last year after failing to secure a ticket I thought "Oh it doesn't matter!" Which was fine....until the run up to Glastonbury and my Facebook was filled with other people going and it was everywhere and I suddenly realised I did bloody care.

Imagine my horror when I found out I had a work event on Wednesday and I wouldn't be able to get online to buy some! I enlisted the help of a few friends and set the seetickets page open from 3.45pm just in case I could get back to my desk. Luckily my boss is amazing and she let me slope off to try my hand at getting some tickets. I sat hunched over my desk with a glass of wine and a slice (two slices) of pizza and I patiently waited for 7pm to roll round.

With nervousness creeping in I screamed when I managed to get through at 7.04 (The tickets sold out at 7.14!), my hands shaking as I frantically typed in the registration codes for four of us. Clicking through with the speed of light I managed, in all the excitement, to book us on the 6am coach leaving from London - which is all well and good as we will get to Glastonbury relatively early - however the Underground doesn't start running until 5.30am....which means we will miss the coach. It appears we will have to get a taxi!

But as I sat back shaking with all the adrenaline I realised that none of that especially matters because I AM GOING TO GLASTONBURY! This will be my 5th time and its also quite special because Leigh and I met there in 2010 so it will be our 5th anniversary or meet-aversary as I like to call it. I am chuffed that we will be able to spend it in the fields that bought us together.

If you are going to try to get a ticket  on Sunday then Good Luck! If you aren't going to try - well you just really should because you need to experience Glastonbury at least once!


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment