Monday 20 October 2014

A Weekend in Bath

We popped to Bath this weekend for a friend's Birthday! I am very lucky as Leigh's family live in the area and so I often get a chance to go to quite frankly one of the prettiest cities I've ever seen.

Sometimes you don't need to go there for anything other than to wander through the streets lined with Bath stone buildings


Find lots of little shops selling their wares.


You can stop and marvel at the cathedral


Or take a step back in history and visit the Roman Baths and the Pump Room which Austen brings to life in Northanger Abbey. 


It is rumoured that Austen disliked the city but I cannot see how as it is filled with history and charm.

It's always worth taking a trip up the hill to see the beautiful buildings curving round in the Royal Crescent.


And do make sure you stop and say hello to the locals


It is also a good place to get very merry on local cider from the number of different bars and pubs which is exactly what I did when I decided it was a good idea to drink 6.5% cider, followed by more cider, followed by beer on Saturday night.

If you haven't been before I really would recommend that you do....especially as they have finally, after years of waiting, got a Primark!

C x



No comments:

Post a Comment