Thursday 30 October 2014

October Favourites

Oh my goodness where has this year gone! We have quite a short favourites this month as not too many things grabbed my attention but there are some things I really want to talk about.

Music

Mentioned before but not with as much enthusiasm. FJK, All FJK songs that can be found. Spotify FJK and prepare to be very happy.


Another song on repeat on the walk to work has to be 'Take me to Church' by Hoizer.


Books

So you know how recently I have been really unimpressed with the books I have been reading? All of that has changed because I finally found a trilogy that I devoured in 3 days. I literally read a book a day and I couldn't put them down. I read these books in favour of TV, in favour of going out, in favour of sleeping. These books which kept me up at night are the Mazerunner series by James Dashner, at a cinema near you. I'd seen the poster for the film and thought it looked just up my street what with it being dystopian and all. The books are slightly on the young adult side but it doesn't diminish their appeal. The whole concept is original and a real page turner. People have likened it to the Hunger Games but I don't think that is fair on the story as they are entirely different concepts. There is a fourth book, the prequel, but as it has different characters I haven't read this yet as I needed a break and didn't feel I would emphasis with the new characters having submerged myself in the trilogies character. I still haven't seen the film but I'm dying to! Read these books.


Fashion

LOVE LOVE LOVE my floppy hat. I've wanted one for a while and finally got round to buying one. It's a black felt hat and I just feel that little bit cooler in it. Mine was from Dorothy Perkins (£14) but they appear to have sold out. I know Topshop, ASOS, H&M all do these hats if you are in the market for one!

I talked about the a red version in my September Favourites and now I have bought a blush and black one too (as seen above). I am quite big chested and as such it means I can never wear shirts without them gaping or having to go several sizes up. These tops have the shirt feel without the buttons and are perfect for a smarter look.

Make-up

Now you know me, I'm not really one for make-up. Excessive make-up for me involves some eye shadow and maybe some foundation but I have found a new Bourjois lip gloss that I just adore and have been wearing non-stop. I call it a lip gloss, but it's a matte texture so after the initial application it becomes more like a lipstick. This is perfect for me as Leigh doesn't like sticky lip gloss kisses. It also stays on for quite a while, another bonus as I am really bad at remembering to reapply throughout the day. I'm wearing Velvet (No 7)(£8.99 in Boots) but they have other gorgeous colours too!



And that is it for the favourites. I'm trying not to buy anything home based as it's so close to Christmas and I can put it on my Christmas List! What have you loved this month? Anything you would recommend? Leave a comment in the box!

C x


No comments:

Post a Comment