Thursday 26 September 2013

Dear Diary,

Whilst I was on holiday I had quite a bit of time to think and so I got to thinking that I have lost a sense of direction and I drifting along. Perfectly happily I might add but at the same time I need to find things to challenge myself. Some might call this a mid twenties crisis.

With this in mind I realised that I have let the last 2 years without really recording it at all. From 2001 to 2011 I kept a diary, I used to write nearly every day. I found it therapeutic and I loved looking back at my 13 year old self and seeing how much I have changed. I stopped writing for a number of reasons really, I was being lazy, I started blogging more, I had other distractions. As a result of this though I now don’t have any record of the last 2 years which I regret so much.

I have decided to start writing my diary again. I am going to make sure I take the time to jot everything down because I think when I’m 60 I will love to look back at my life and remember what it was like to be young and living in London.

With this in mind I went out and I bought a new diary from Paperchase, I don’t think anything inspires me more than a fresh, blank page.




I love the design, it’s very me indeed.

I always do a title page at the beginning and for this I picked a relevant quote that describes life brilliantly for me and added a small doodle of the London skyline as I still feel happy whenever I look at it and realise that I live here. I thought it was appropriate as hopefully most of this diary will be filled with my time here.




I am so looking forward to starting afresh!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment