Tuesday 1 October 2013

Mexican Pork and Beans - Recipe


Ingredients

Tin of mixed beans in tomato sauce
600g (21oz) diced pork
1 courgette
Handful of mushrooms
1 onion, diced
1 pepper
2tsp Worcestershire sauce
½tsp chilli powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
1tsp sweet chilli sauce
60g (2oz) barbecue sauce
1ltr boiled water



Method to the madness

Chop up all your vegetables and then place into a large saucepan with the beans, 1litre water, the pork, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic , sweet chilli sauce and chilli powder  (I also had some left over fajita spice so I chucked that in as well).
Bring to boil then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour until the mixture has started to thicken. I broke up the pieces of diced pork, by using 2 forks to roughly pull the pieces into shreds (although this might have worked better if I’d left it in a bit longer). Add the barbecue sauce, mix well and cook for a further 10 minutes.


For dinner last night I served this with brown rice, a sprinkle of cheese and a splodge of guacamole and crème fraîche, but there was enough left over for lunch so I put the pork and bean mixture, guac and crème fraîche into a tortilla wrap and reheated at work.
I literally don’t think I have the words to describe how incredibly tasty this recipe is. I think it’s definitely going to be a meal time staple. You must try this! 

Trust me - it tastes better than it looks! 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment