Friday 6 September 2013

A fox named Reggie...

When my boyfriend and I first moved into our new house with our concrete low maintenance garden I thought “Great! I’m not a gardener so this should be quite easy”. Except we moved in March when it was bloody freezing and nothing had started to grow. My garden is now a wilderness with trees and creepers and plants that must have been hiding. I am patiently waiting for winter to arrive so it can do the gardening for me.
However because it is now so overgrown we have attracted a new visitor to the garden. I’m assuming that he is happy because he can hide. Well this is what I thought until I came down the stairs Sunday morning and there he was, curled up on our patio table sunbathing......



I managed to get some good pictures of him in the 4(!) hours he was there. It got a bit silly though, I ended up hanging my washing inside because I didn’t want to open the back door. I mean, yes he’s very cute and although there are plenty of urban foxes to be seen in London from afar it’s a bit special to have one so close but I am worried that once we start letting the cat out again once her leg is stronger that she is going to go straight into the jaws of hungry Mr.Fox.



We haven’t been feeding him and we are going to knock on the window if he returns to try to deter him but has anyone else got any suggestions on how to politely tell him that he needs to find a new sun lounger?!


No comments:

Post a Comment