Thursday 1 October 2015

Wedmin

Wedmin (or wedding admin) has completely taken over my life. Everyone keeps saying to me "how have you got everything so sorted?!" ~ the answer is easy, I love a project!

I have dived into wedding planning like I might dive into a box of fried chicken after a night out. With total enthusiasm and a complete lack of shame. And why shouldn't I? It all needs to be sorted so I might as well do it when I can.

To this end I have so far completed the following tasks with still a year to go until I get married:

  • Date booked - we are having a October wedding
  • Save the dates sent
  • Venue hired
  • Church hired
  • DJ hired
  • Catering chosen
  • Decorations started
  • Invites designed
  • Florist appointment made
  • Table plan 80% complete
  • Videographer hired
  • Photographer almost booked and of course 
  • Wedding dress found.   
This does not mean that I am some kind of crazy, this just means that I know what I want and there is no point denying it. 

I would like to point out though that I am having a few problems, wrestling with myself over money, and wondering if I can really justify spending £500 more on a photographer just because I like her personality better than the £900 one. There was also a huge amount of guilt attached to finding "The Dress" which I will go into more detail in a post to follow ~ oh the suspense ~  

I went to the National Wedding Show at the weekend with a couple of other friends who are also getting married and we had a fantastic time. I was going to blog about it but it turns out that when you are there you kind of just get sucked into it all and I barely took any photos show off the exhibits, although of course I still managed to take some for research!



 If you are getting married though I really do think you pop along to a wedding show. Even if you don't end up using any of the vendors you meet it is a great place to be able to get away with talking about your day, plus it is always lovely to watch a fashion show and look at all the beautiful dresses. The next National Wedding Show is in February and you can buy tickets here.

So far I am 100% happy with the choices that we have made and I find myself thinking about the big day constantly. I do have wedding fever and I am pretty bloody happy about that. At the rate I'm going I will have several stress free months before the big day because I will have got it all done by May!  

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment