Friday 30 October 2015

October Favourites

Hitting you with a October Favourites right before the end of the month because why not!

Happy 'officially Autumn' now the clocks have gone back, and FYI it is only 8 Friday's until Christmas! Oh yes, that's exciting.

Music

Can't Pretend - Tom Odell - I'm a little bit late to this party but loving this song a hella lot.


Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend - A good dancing around the kitchen song this one!


Heart's On Fire - Passenger - I normally avoid the slow, acoustic songs (they make me too melancholic) but in my quest to find wedding music I have been listening to a few lovely ones including this one.


Books

The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood is a dystopian novel (my favourite!) and pretty addictive to read. Parts of it stop and make you think about what decisions you would make if needed and also the practicality of their future. I do wish that they had gone into the events that took them to that place and I wasn't a huge fan of the ending but having said that this is a solid novel that you should definitely give a read.


The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson I read in about two days because I couldn't put it down. I've been reading quite a few thrillers which have been surprising me recently and it's quite pleasant. I do love to be surprised when reading. This is another book which makes you think about how far you would go, if at all. The story is multi-layered and very well written and I love the view points from the different characters who you should hate but can't quite bring yourself too. MUST READ.


Fashion

My student discount ran out last week which was very sad indeed and it wouldn't be a last hurrah unless I used it to buy something. Namely this coat from Dorothy Perkins which I freaking LOVE. It has this gorgeous brushed fabric texture which makes is super soft. So many people have said how lovely it looks and well you know you can never have enough coats right?

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/clothing-203535/jackets-coats-4102031/wool-coats-4854678/blonde-short-waterfall-coat-4577458?bi=0&ps=200
Blonde Waterfall Coat - Dorothy Perkins - £49.00 (although 10% off at the moment!)

I am also wrapping up warm in this incredible snood from H&M. For a start it is in a very dark grey and well I just love all things grey, but secondly it is huge and snuggly. The link is below but I would recommend going in store to buy as I have never had a good H&M online buying experience.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/11134?article=11134-A#article=11134-A
Knitted Scarf - H&M - £12.99


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment