Sunday 20 September 2015

B.A. Hons

I've graduated!!! Can you believe it?! I certainly can't! All that work and I finally get to put some letters after my name, which I will be doing on EVERYTHING.

It was such a good day yesterday, I felt so proud of myself which is such a lovely feeling. I also felt that my friends and family were proud of me too.

The ceremony was held at the Barbican Centre and I turned up quite early to get registered and robed. We unfortunately were not allowed hats, which was rubbish but I did get the full robes which were ridiculously heavy!


I really would say to anyone who is looking to do Open University, do it! Yes it takes a long time and yes it requires hard work and some dedication but the feeling of satisfaction that I got yesterday was worth all of that.


I was so nervous though. I don't think I have ever felt that nervous! My pulse was pounding and all I heard was my name being called before I walked across the stage. I didn't hear my family cheering, I didn't hear any clapping, I just needed to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other! Everyone said it would all be over so quickly but it seemed like time stopped almost.


We went for lunch at Finch's, near the Barbican Centre with my family, Leigh's family and one of my best friends. I had the Duck breast which was very tasty but a little on the small side. The interiors were very instagramable and they had reserved my table with scrabble letters which was a nice touch.


It was such a brilliant day, and I got to keep my scroll too! I love that I can now say officially that I have a 2.1 English Literature degree and I have accomplished what I always hoped I would. Maybe now I will go on to do a Masters!


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment