Tuesday 19 August 2014

Poetry Corner

Have you lovely people ever seen the one and only poem I have written? I had to take it down off my old blogsite because I entered it into a competition - I didn't win (I know, shocking) - but it remains to date one of the things I am most proud of. I remain prouder of this than I do of the completely fantastic 'Granny's Pie' I baked. But I digress.... Let's have a little poetry corner on the blog today. Maybe it will inspire me to write another one, which is an ever looming possibility with my last course just round the corner. I hope you like it :)

The Muse and The Artist

It was spring when I sat
under the cherry blossom
you held my gaze and then,
I could breathe the smell of you
Sweet to me, compulsive
Oh how I smiled upon you
The best part of me was you,
For one more time,
Petals gathered in my hair, and by my feet
It would be, just you and I, eternal.

I felt as though I was Erato
Muse of love and poetry
Come love me as if I were,
As I will love you, ‘til life is closed to me
I’ll dance around the cherry blossom
Chanting, singing, our voices carrying
as though the wind could lift us
High on the sound,
Encircling us and elevating us towards the sky,
The crown of roses upon my head

We see before us the fountain,
Sprays of crystal droplets
The water nymphs at play,
Sprinkling the greensward, giggling, flourishing,
Casting tears of joy,
For we are the darlings of this world,
All on this earth shall rejoice, our love
the love of Gods
Magnificent in majesty and in splendour,
Laid out, and bared, for all to behold.

And I can taste your skin on my lips,
Every sense gathering, heightened
As I touch your lips, your eyelids
Tell me when you hear my heart beat,
Hands looping through my curls
Holding me gently, quietly,
Exquisitely, with pleasure,
Cradling my soul
For I, am your muse, and you my artist
My private treasure that no-one else could find


© Cara Hewitt 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment