Monday 25 August 2014

Notting Hill Carnival

So in the 3 years I have lived in London I have never once been to Notting Hill Carnival. I have always been out of town and so I miss the fun and revelry! But this year we were around and so with glee we headed to Westbourne Park to join the madness.

We started off by walking the streets and stopping every so often to appreciate the sounds of reggae music and the smell of jerk chicken.


We ducked and weaved our way through the crowds - the amount of people is unreal! We had missed most of the procession as we didnt arrive until later but we still saw some of the floats, music and colour that the festival is famous for.


 After queuing for 45 MINUTES for the toilet we met another one of our friends before grabbing some jerk chicken and dumplings which set my mouth on fire but was so very tasty.


We headed down the streets finding one of the many speakers pumping out music and had a bit of a dance under the cloudy sky.


We danced into the night before heading to a pub in Kentish Town for a friends birthday. It was quite a crazy day - with SO many people. I did spend a large amount of time worrying about my bag but it was interesting to see the atmosphere and in general how people tend to react with each other. There is always a lovely people spirit at events like this.

C x


No comments:

Post a Comment