Monday 26 May 2014

May Favourites

It's May Favourites time! I've been a bit busy with revising but here are some of the things that I've been loving this month... 

Music
There's a couple of singles and an album on my favourites list this month - 

Firstly Sleepless by Cazette


Secondly Goddess by Banks


And the album of the month is Flume - Deluxe remix. This is an album from 2013 but I have only just got round to giving it a proper listen and it's really good, especially some of the remixes.
Books

No new books for me this month unless you count the ones I have been reading for my course. If you fancy reading any nineteenth century literature I recommend The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. This has been by far the best book on the course. It's a story of love, marriage, betrayal and mystery told through lots of different points of view. There's plot twists and old school romance and it's just a really fun, easy to read nineteenth century novel.
Food/Drink

I have a new found love of croissants which although regrettably aren't the most healthy thing to eat but they just taste so darn good. 

Last month I discovered croissants in a can and I blogged about them here, so if you haven't already try and make some!

Home

After saying for ages that I needed cake tins I have finally got round to getting some and I was also gifted three, so now I can make as many cakes as I want and find a home for them all. 
The rose tins I found on Amazon for £5.99 and the set of three are £6.50 from Wilkinsons.

I was given some lovely ceramic mixing bowls as a present and they just look so pretty in my kitchen. I am loving open shelving at the moment and just wish I could redo my kitchen! Look at their beautiful pastel colour. I managed to hunt down their location so if you want to get these bowls you need to head on over to Sainsburys.

 Fashion

A couple of fashion pieces for you! I wish I had more money this month because there are some lovely summer pieces out at the moment that I am dying to get for my holiday but here are some I have purchased already.

Starting with this lovely swimsuit! I am just in love with floral so this is perfect!


http://www.next.co.uk/g632064s6#895276g63

I love this midi skirt, as mentioned I am loving floral  and the best thing about this skirt - it has pockets!


Beauty

I recently went make up shopping for the first time ever with a good friend and a separate blog post will be coming about all of the things I bought but I thought I should mention my favourite item out of the whole trip which has to be my eyebrow mascara. Yes, you heard me right - eyebrow mascara. It helps keeps the eyebrows neat and darkens them slightly. It is also a hell of a lot easier than sitting there trying to fill in the brow line with a pencil or eyeshadow. This one is from Maybelline in the colour Dark Brown. Honestly this has been a revelation!

I feel like my favourites are a bit sparse this month but I will be on my 'summer holiday' and on a little break from Uni in June so I will have time to find and do more things that I'm sure I will love. Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this post, let me know what you love this month! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment