Saturday 17 May 2014

Going where the sun keeps shining

We have finally got round to booking our holiday for the summer. The school prefers it if I take my holiday when the kids aren't in school but the bad thing is that we can only go when it is super expensive and super busy. 

We spent most of a Sunday trying to find the best deal possible, but with no real idea of where we wanted to go it was a bit tricky. Santorini came up quite a few times, as did the south of France but looking for a cheap but nice flight and hotel in July when we only left 8 weeks to book was very frustrating and not particularly easy.

In the end we decided to go to my Grandparents villa in Portugal because the flights were quite reasonable as we managed to book in a sale and the accommodation will be lovely and most of all free! 


I used to live in Portugal so going back after a few years away will be so much fun. We are going with my brother and his girlfriend, and my parents will also be out there so (minus another brother who is in Australia) it will be my first family holiday in a very long time. When I was a teenager I couldn't stand going on holiday with my family as it wasn't 'cool' but now I'm older I love spending time with them! 

We are also hiring a car so we will be able to get out and see a lot more than we would have done otherwise, especially as my grandparents live at the top of a mountain. There are incredible views though!


I'm really excited about packing a bag and flying away for 10 days, I feel like I need a break after Uni and work!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment