Thursday 3 April 2014

Back to School

I've been meaning to sit down and write this post for 2 weeks but I have just been so busy that I haven't had a spare moment to!

My first 2 weeks at the school have just flown by and I already know that I am going to love it here. Everybody is just so friendly and even from the first moment I walked in it was all smiles and happy faces so I felt at home right away.

The first couple of weeks have been incredibly tiring. I forgot how much it takes out of you trying to learn a new environment, information and people. Especially as I had been doing the same job for 3 years and this is completely different.

Being back in a school is such a bizzare feeling, it reminds me so much of when I was in school and as it's all girls I can relate having been a student in an all girls too. I started thinking to myself when I was standing doing lunch duty (!) 'Do these girls think that I'm old?' The school has a sixth form so the oldest girls are 18 and I was thinking - 'I wasn't 18 that long ago!' and then I realised it was 8 years ago and yes they probably were all looking at me thinking I was a grown up. I might have to admit to myself that I am.

There is so much to learn here and there are so many exciting events which I get to be a part of and help organise such as a garden party happening in a few months. My hours are also quite flexiable so if I need to come in early I can leave early as well, although I have not enjoyed getting up at 6 to be in work for 8. After all my protesting it turns out that actually everyone was right and the journey is a bit of a bitch.

I get praised for everything as well, I'd forgotten that you are actually so much more inclined to work hard if you are being told that you are doing a great job. My manager is so enthusiatic about everything which matches my personality and I think we are going to have a happy little hub of an office.

I have already made some new friends, I think going out for a recent work drinks might have helped with that! This is brilliant for me because I love meeting new people and that's what I have to do every day in this role as I greet parents and show them around the school.

I think I am going to be very happy here indeed!

Cara x

No comments:

Post a Comment