Thursday 24 April 2014

April Favourites

This month has been full of sunshine and happiness and lots of favourite things.

Let's start this off on a happy music tone!

Music

Starting off with my favourite album. I have been enjoying Pharrell's new album for a couple of months now. All the tracks are happy, upbeat and bouncy and is the perfect album to dance along to. My favourite song off the album has to be 'Hunter' or 'Brand New' ft Justin Timberlake.


My new favourite song is 'Stay High' by Tove Lo and Hippie Sabotage, check out both the Habits remix and the original.


Books

I read Wool and Shift last month but had to take a break to read my Uni books which killed me as I couldn't wait to start Dust. If you haven't read the Wool series make sure these get bumped up your reading list as they are brilliant. The story is set in a post apocolyptic future where the world outside is unhospitable and a few hundered humans survive in a community exists in a giant underground silo.

To live, you must follow the rules. But some don't and their punishment is simple and deadly. They are allowed outside.

They keep you guessing from start to finish and I wish there was a 4th!

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=wool+trilogy+box+set&sprefix=wool+tri%2Cstripbooks%2C202

Food/Drink

Bit of a boozy one this month but I just need to say it. I'm slightly addicted (dont tell my doctor) to Strongbow's new Citrus Edge cider. With it's matt finish can and it's lemon and lime taste it is literally yum in a can. I can't even. I want one now. How many units are you allowed a day?




 Please drink responsibly.
Life
I don't normally do 'Life' favourites but what with the weather changing and the sun shining there have been a few things that I have been loving. 

Hanging washing

It sounds so simple but I honestly don't care how much 'Fresh Sheet' fabric conditioner you use you are never going to get the same fresh, clean smell that you get from hanging your washing outside. 


Gardening

I am not a gardener. I hate worms and I hate bugs. However my friends were very kind and gave me all sorts of gardening equipment for my birthday so I could sort out my jungle of a garden. Now I have chopped back trees, planted herbs and made friends with the wildlife. I'm learning!


Home

Another birthday present! (I was spoilt this year!) I was given this adorable recipe box for all the lovely ideas and recipes that I want to jot down. The box is from Wilkinsons - they have a brilliant home range department at the moment and I want everything from there!


I have wanted a cookbook stand FOREVER. I just hadn't got round to ordering one but the other day I thought enough is enough and went on the hunt. This simple cream Colonial Home Cook Book Stand was from Amazon and holds the pages back perfectly although when not in use I just like to keep my prettiest cookbook on it.


Fashion

You know me I can't go 10 minutes without buying new clothes and so here are two of the favourites from the month. They both have a real spring like feel to them and I am finally appreciating the midi - which my mother will be happy to hear as she's been telling me for years that they suit me best. I've been wearing the skirt with a black cami top and black heels and I love that it sits on the smallest part of my waist and shows off my calves. 


 Dorothy Perkins - Blush Textured Pleated Midi - £20 

NB: They only stock this skirt in a size 20 and 16 now but Dorothy Perkins have loads more Midi Skirts instore, including this one in black

This grey floral dress just makes me happy inside because it combines all my loves: grey, floral and a longer sleeve. It is quite short so I have been wearing it with thicker tights but for those more daring then me bare legs would be fine.

There we have it! My April favourites. Sorry about missing March, apparently I didn't like a damned thing. Let me know in the comments anything you have been loving with all of your heart.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment