Sunday 16 February 2014

Ikea Haul

Quite possibly one of my favourite  places in the whole world has to be IKEA. I get a little bit too excited when I see that blue and yellow sign and as a result I try and limit my trips because I don't think my inner child could handle the excitement.

However my friend had a car and has just moved house so a trip to THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH was on the cards. I took Leigh along so he could keep an eye on my spending and off we went.

I didn't pick up any furniture, although I had my eye on a £25 frame (somebody wouldn't let me get it...). I did manage to get a few little bits and pieces though.

First up this gorgeous little plant pot which now has pride of place on my dining room table. I also got the flowers separately, they are real and are actually cheaper than some of the fake ones. I just have to remember to water them!

 Pot - £4 Flowers - £2.50

I also picked up a new throw which I am using as a tablecloth in all these pictures because it's such a lovely colour and I wanted to show it off. I do love grey!
 Throw - £5.50

I also love to keep things in jars so I picked up a couple of large-ish jars so I can keep my pasta and cereal in. They just look so ascetically pleasing sitting around my kitchen and much nicer than bags and boxes.

Jars - £2 each
Going along the same theme I also picked up this Carafe which I am going to use as a vase on the off chance a certain someone buys flowers for me....
I also got this clear glass bottle with a stopper lid for when I make home made lemonade in the summer. This will probably never happen but I just liked the look of it too much to put it back.
Bottle - £2.50 Carafe - £1.50 
Because I do a lot of cooking and recipe blogs I like to display my ingredients. For this I picked up 4 small glass bowls, which actually also serve quite well as dessert bowls. I picked up some white dishes too - a plate and a couple of bowls - as I find the presentation of food when I'm taking pictures for the blog looks better on white.
Glass bowls - 70p each  Plate - 80p  Deep bowls - £2
I also picked up a set of 2 new white mixing bowls as we were using our old ones to catch the rain when our ceiling collapsed in so I thought this was an excuse to buy new ones!
 
Set of 2 mixing bowls - £3.50

I already have this pot in white but when I saw they now did it in pink AND sea-foam green I had to pick them up. No idea what I'm going to use them for but I'm sure I can think of some surface they can clutter up.
 Pot - £2.00 each
We picked up some tealights as standard, vanilla is one of my favourite smells and I do seem to get through these so quickly.
 Tealights - £1.50
Last but not least, the one big item we got which required man power on Leigh's side was a coat stand. We have been meaning to get on for the last 3 years but have never got round to it but I'd had enough of finding coats everywhere so now they are neatly hung instead!
Coat stand - £25
There was so much more that I wanted to pick up but I wasn't allowed to. I will have to box away my inner child until next time it seems!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment