Friday 28 February 2014

February Favourites

Hi there everyone! It’s time for my February Favourites! Woo!

Isn’t it crazy that February is over with, time goes so very quickly when you are having fun. Without further ado let’s jump right in!

Website

My website of the month is the incredibly humbling www.52-lives.org. The aim of the website is to help somebody once a week for a year. You can nominate somebody to get picked for the week and the site then appeal for volunteers to help out. It is so very heart-warming and the kind of idea that I love.


Music
As always it is hard to pick a favourite song of the month but I have listened to this new track by Sam Smith non-stop since I first heard it so I think it deserves a mention:


Another favourite of mine is Dance with Me by LE YOUTH which includes a brilliant sample of No Scrubs by TLC


Book
I have finally got round to reading this book, it’s always so hard to read my own stuff when I’m swatting up on all my nineteenth century literature but I managed to grab a weekend and devoured this book. The twists and turns are brilliant and you change sides throughout. A must read.

Food/Drink
I may have mentioned before but I don’t really like hot drink. I HATE COFFEE. Tea is ok and I only really like Hot Chocolate if whipped cream is involved. BUT I have found my drink! We went to Leigh’s parents over the weekend and his mother didn't like this so I gave it a try and I love it. Chai Tea Latte! All the froth without the coffee. It’s spiced yumminess that perhaps is better in the winter months but I might just drink it all year round.


Fashion
I've made a few fashion purchases this month (when don’t I?) but not enough for a haul so instead they are being dropped in here, because I just love clothes.

Dorothy Perkins - Blue Chevron Pencil Dress - £22

Dorothy Perkins - Pale blue textured dress - £19

New Look - Grey Kimono - £17.99
Film
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! If you don’t know what I am talking about then you haven’t seen The Lego Movie, and if you haven’t seen The Lego Movie you are wasting vital time by not going to see it. Leigh wanted to go and I went along to keep him company but I thought it was hilarious and laughed more than the children in the cinema. Surprisingly the cinema consisted of about 30% kids and 70% adults!
We might have also bought The Lego Movie game to play, because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Random
My random favourite of the month are these 2 cookbooks which I bought from Amazon. It does say for students, but in my mind that just means cheap good food. There’s tons of recipes including one  for cheese and ham puff bites and another delicious sounding one for Coconut and Lime Icecream.  I got the Vegetarian one and the Standard as I’m always on the look out for new recipes.

I hope you have enjoyed my February Favourites, let me know what your favourites are this month in the comments below.

The light is hanging around in the evening and it’s starting to get a bit warmer so dare I say it spring is on its way!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment