Friday 3 January 2014

Resolving to....

My theme for resolution this year is little is more. Every year I set myself these big unachievable goals to complete for the year and every year I fail.

So instead I have doing 6month resolutions – this will give me time to achieve something that might be more manageable and then in June I can look at what I have done, why I haven’t done something, and what I still need to do. Doing it this way I hope to accomplish some of them!

So let’s get started...it’s the big three first:

1.  Lose weight ~ this goes on my list every year and every year I last a couple of months and then get bored. I know that I need to lose around 2 stone (plus those 4 pounds I put on over Christmas), so with that in mind for my 6 month resolution I am going to try and hit the target of 1 stone 4lbs (8.1kg). I think this is very manageable as the first stone always goes tends to go quickly. I might review this at 3 months if it’s going really well but let’s not be too hasty.


2. Save Money ~ another one that makes the list often but I’m a nightmare for keeping up with. So this year I’m going to stop being unrealistic . I’m going to notice that £100 a month going out of my account and I’m going to spend it when I run out of money so instead I’m going to put £30 a month in, which will give me £180 over the 6 months. It doesn’t sound a lot but I think it’s better to start small and then review at the 6 month mark.


3. Exercise ~ I hate it. I really do not like it at all. I get all sweaty and red faced and out of breath. But this really isn’t an excuse. A couple of years ago I actually managed to stick to this resolution. I was going to the gym 3 times a week and it wasn’t killing me but then I badly sprained my ankle and had to stop and now I can’t get back into it again. 2014 will be the year though! Listen to my optimism! Once a week. That is the goal I am setting myself. Or better yet – 1 hour. I have to complete 1 hours exercise a week minimum. There is no reason I shouldn’t be able to do this. And I have to do it properly so I get all sweaty and red faced and out of breath.

4. Driving ~ I can’t drive which is fine because for the last 5 years I have lived in cities and had no need for it. However I am approaching my 30’s (admittedly this is still 4 years away) but I feel like it might be a bit embarrassing to admit that I can’t drive when I’m 30 so my 6 month goal is to learn the theory behind it and look at booking a theory test. I started to learn to drive 5 years ago but stopped when I moved to Cardiff so I know my way around a car  a little  bit so I’m hoping I won’t need many lessons but first I need to get the theory done so I  am motivated to do the lessons.

Those are the main four however there are a couple of little ones below:

5. Focus on my course more
6. Do at least one blog post a week on here
7. Look at learning how to use photshop
8. Learn the words to Auld Lang Syne in preparation for 2015
9. Get out and see more of London – something I am likely to achieve for I have this new column with Miss Mint – details to follow soon.
10. Be organised, focused and happy

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment