Monday 13 January 2014

Holidays to come...

It is that exciting time of year when our annual leave gets topped up and we can start thinking about where we can take our holidays.

I was very lucky last year with trips to New York and Menorca, with a week break at Glastonbury thrown in. This year I want to try and do lots of smaller trips so odd weekends here and there. The original plan was to go to Australia in September however we are now planning to do that around March 2015.

Of course if you are a Miss Mint reader you will know that I have a travel column so really it's all just an excuse to go on holiday.

This year we are considering the following:

Amsterdam ~

I’ve already been to Amsterdam, I went a few years ago but Leigh has never been and I also have a friend who lives out there which I think makes all the difference when you are looking for nice places to eat and go out for a few drinks. I feel like when I was there before I didn’t really appreciate it so I am excited to go back. We are looking to do this around April/May perhaps on one of the bank holidays.

Croatia ~

Because we haven’t been able to get tickets to Glastonbury for the first time in 4 years (it’s a bit of a sore point) we are looking at gathering a group of friends and going to inmusic festival in Croatia. The tickets/flights/accomadation are all about the same price as a Glastonbury ticket, plus it is sure to be sunny. It will be nice to go somewhere new and try and new festival as well. This would be at the end of June so a nice early summer break for a week.

Edinburgh ~

It’s hard to believe that I have been to Thailand but have never been to Scotland. This trip is something that I have been trying to plan for a few years now but it just seems so expensive to go that I keep putting it off. But enough is enough! I have friends and family in Edinburgh so I decided if I was ever going to get to the other end of the country I should probably go here. I think we will go in the summer maybe just for a long weekend. We just need to look at the best cheapest way to get there...

Iceland ~

I admit this might seem a bit random but I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights and unlike most people I prefer winter to summer to Iceland seems perfect! We are also looking at perhaps Finland instead of Iceland, depending on the price of things but I think this will be a lovely, exciting, different kind of trip. We would perhaps look at going in October, but this all depends on whether we can get a good deal as I know from looking that it can be quite pricey for not a very long trip (around 4-5 days).

Of course this might all change or I might think of other places I want to see but for the minute this is how it’s looking for the year. I might like to try out lastminute.com and just book a holiday with a week to spare and go, that would be exciting. I am very excited to start booking and planning! The world is a big old place. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment