Sunday 6 October 2013

October Favourites

So I thought it might be time to do my first favourites blog!

First up on the list is my favourite song of the month:


I have always loved Basement Jaxx. There music is happy and upbeat and never fails to put a smile on my face.I was meant to go and see them at a concert last year but instead I decided that climbing over a park fence and seriously twisting my ankle was a better idea and therefore I was in too much pain to go. Some day I hope to be able to see them. I also love this video - look at them dance!

Next on the favourite list is a beauty favourite. I went to a spa at the beginning of the week and they had the below in the bathrooms there and it smelt so gorgeous that I had to go and buy some in shower gel form:


It smells so sweet and it might be too sweet for some but it's like a yummy dessert and I almost wish I could eat it. I might have to go and stock up on hundreds of bottles so I never run out. I am also loving the Fair Trade Shea Butter and Honey Original Source body wash.

My fashion favourite has to be my boots with the fur. I have mentioned these in my autumn/winter haul blog and they are just as good as I thought they would be. They are fur lined and comfy, sturdy, so far waterproof and I haven't managed to put a hole in them yet which is something I always seem to do!


My favourite food of the month is definitely something tasty. Asda's chosen by you ricotta and red pepper pesto is so lush. I haven't been using it on pasta though, instead I have been spreading it on wraps and making salad, tomato, feta, ham and ricotta and red pepper wraps which are so good I always want a second. I couldn't think of having anything else with my lunch now.


My favourite life event of the month is that I have started my Open University course. I am really looking forward to this one and reading all of the books that come with it. I have just started to read Northanger Abbey which for my sins I have never read! I also need to read Jane Eyre this month and decide which book to choose in my first essay.  This OU course will be the 5th and penultimate year and I would recommend it to anyone, even if you are just doing one course. 


And finally my favourite website of the month - I have FINALLY got round to registering for Pottermore and I couldn't have been more excited about setting it all up, buying my pet - I got a ginger cat and getting my wand which has a dragon's core. Even thought I consider to be slightly grown up it didn't even matter as I answered the questions the sorting hat put to me with extreme anticipation and a few squeals of delight. Then I got told this...


I'm not too sure how I feel about it to be honest. There's never been a nice Slytherin! And I like to think that I'm nice. Anyway the level of detail is just brilliant and I'm spending far too many hours devoted to this site. It's such a clever idea though and so addictive - all of my friends are getting sorted!

And that is my list of the best things from October! I hope they inspire some purchases/thoughts

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment