Friday 3 July 2015

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Not such a subtle title but one that I am very excited about writing!

On Wednesday 24th June 2015, exactly five years after Leigh and I met he only went and proposed!

As you can imagine this post will be filled with lots of exclamation marks....

We arrived at Glastonbury (I will be doing a proper run down post soon) and that evening we all went up towards the flag field, where you have a brilliant view over the whole of Glastonbury.


After we had sat for a bit we moved right up to the very top of the field, where he turned to me, told me how much he loved me and asked me to stand before getting down on one knee and asking me to be his wife. Of course my reaction was elegant and smooth.......


I basically screamed, cried, shook and then proceeded to shout from the very top of the hill 'I'm engaged!' to which several people looked round and clapped and cheered. One man even came over and said how happy he was to be a witness to it all and would be off to tell his friends about it.


Not only do I love Leigh very much but he's got a smart head on him too, thinking to propose with a fake ring that looked just like my real one so if it got lost at Glastonbury it really wouldn't matter. As such I didn't get the real sparkler until Monday which required a whole five days of waiting in which time I actually got quite attached to the fake one!

Fake Ring

Real Ring

I am so very happy at the thought of marrying him and I may have already started a major planning mission, which I'm sure I will document on here as well.

Without this becoming a completely soppy post I just wanted to say that I really do love you, and I can't wait to be your wife for the rest of our lives ...


C x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Welcome Mrs Goulding to be xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I am looking forward to being a Mrs!

    ReplyDelete