Monday 1 June 2015

May Favourites

It has been a very long time since I did a favourites post. There just hasn't been enough for it to be substantial but now I have been saving a few things up so we have a bumper month!

Books

I started to read Wild by Cheryl Strayed long after the film had been out (I have in fact just bought it to watch after loving this book!) so it wasn't a choice based on a need to read it before seeing the film. It kept cropping up on my Amazon list so I thought I would give it a go and I am so glad I did. This has to be one of my favourite books of the year so far, I love the travel aspect of it and the way it is written. I devoured this one and I think it should go straight to the top of your read pile.

The next favourite up is a little bit of a guilty pleasure as most YA books are! The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth was my constant companion for a few weeks as I worked my way through the three books at a substantial rate whilst still trying to slow down so they didn't end. In the same instance with Wild I just missed the boat on the second film and now have to wait for it to appear on DVD which is annoying as I just want to see what they have done with the adaptation. I really enjoyed these as I love a good dystopian novel and the twist in Book Three completely threw me which is rare as most story lines are pretty obvious now. Worth a read.


Music

Some summer tracks are starting to creep into my 800 song strong Spotify playlist which is a good thing as it seems like summer jut cant make it's mind up and arrive, so I like to pretend it's here!

Holding On ~ Disclosure ft Gregory Porter

Regret ~ Everything Everything

It Is You ~ Natalie Prass

Rumors ~ Pep & Rash

Raindrops ~ SNBRN ft Kerli

Home

I picked up a couple of really cute home bits this month from Wilko (apparently my favourite place on earth!) and as always the supermarkets have got some gorgeous home bits in.

I have been eyeing up this dish for so long I thought it might have been discontinued but luckily for me it was still there when I last went into Sainsburys so I grabbed it before it was gone! It reminds me of Portugal so much, another reason I love it! I am also eyeing up a jug in the same print....


And because all I need in my life is another chopping board I picked this one up....


I couldn't resist this little egg house. I literally put my basket down with it in to walk out of the shop but I just couldn't do it. I have a problem....


We have a George Living right by us which is a tad dangerous. I popped in the other day for a quick browse and found this little guy and at only £3 I couldn't really say no to him!


Fashion

Something fantastic and terrible happened last week. I went to go and put one of my favourite skirts on to find that it doesn't fit anymore! Apparently losing weight means you drop a dress size, who knew! I then proceeded to lie on the floor in a pile of other clothes that do not fit and have a melt down because I have nothing to wear. Of course the only sensible thing to do was to buy some more clothes.....

I am loving this off the shoulder dress with its Moroccan style print and the fact that it is a size down and still a bit roomy helps too!


I have bought a few other bits but I want to share those with you in a different post so keep an eye out for my Glastonbury 'O.O.T.F' (Outfit Of The Festival) post which will be coming soon, just in case you are also going and need some inspiration!

Life

As you will have seen from a couple of my other posts things have been coming up roses at the moment and I could not be happier! Everything is going swimmingly and with Glastonbury only 23 days away it is only getting better!

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment