Sunday 15 December 2013

A catch up moment

I feel recently that my blog has become quite the cooking blog and I haven't really talked about much else at all, so I thought I would do a little update post about what's been going on this month.

In November it was my best friend's birthday and she had a mustache themed party so we all decked our furry undernose accessories and played a few rounds of beer pong (I won my go I might add) and had a cracking night.

 
I have had my work Christmas party which was a lot of fun - I wore this dress from New Look which was sparkly, twinkly and lovely.I teamed it with this gold tassel necklace (also from New Look) and I was good to go.

We went to a bar/club by St. Paul's called Patch which was really good, there were little mini burgers and little mini mince pies being taken round on platters and we were allowed 5 drinks vouchers which helped the Christmas spirit along nicely. I do love a Christmas party.

In non festive news I have just finished my second essay of the course which was on Jane Eyre. For my sins I had never actually read Jane Eyre before and I have no idea why because it was quite brilliant.  I really recommend it, some times you just need to get back to the classics because (and I know this is often said) they just don't make them like that anymore. I have just ordered the 2011 film to watch as well and I am quite looking forward to it.

It was my favourite person's birthday this month and we went out to Wagamama's for dinner. I do enjoy a wagamama's, it's all so tasty and it was nice to get out of the kitchen and have someone else cook the meal! 


I have been a little bit clumsy this month and I fell down the stairs. I was wearing some new cozy socks and I slipped at the top of my stairs and fell down all 14 of them, which means I am in quite a bit of pain  when I try to sit down. I've been to the doctor and they told me that I haven't broken my coccyx but I have really badly damaged the muscle so they have signed me off work for a week which means I don't have to go back into the office until the 2nd January! Which seems like a long time off but it mean I will have plenty of time to rest it which it needs.

This weekend it was the 'Friends Christmas Lunch', I get together with my best friends and we pick a name out of a hat and they get to host the evening, which we all contribute to. This year my friend Callum was hosting and I was in charge of pigs in blankets, canapes and parsnips! I made some scrumptious Camembert puffs which I will be posting about very soon. It's lovely to to take the time to sit down with the people that are important. I am aware that sounds about as cheesy as a Christmas cheese board but I don't care because it's true.


It's so close to Christmas now!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment