Wednesday 12 August 2015

10 Things I Have Learnt From Being Newly Engaged

Urgh guys I am so awful! I haven't blogged in three weeks and I feel so bad about it. My only excuse is that I've been having a bit of a holiday and doing lots of wedding planning or wedmin as I can't help but call it!

Now I know for a fact that quite a few of you are not going to care that much about the few wedding posts that will be popping up over the next year but for those of you that do - think about how much fun it'll be to take this journey with me!

So I'm starting off with one which I'm sure some people can relate to or will be able to in the future!


10 Things I Have Learnt From Being Newly Engaged

1. Weddings cost A LOT more than I thought. I mean I knew they cost a lot but I thought people were just doing it wrong and I could do it cheaper. I was wrong.

2. You get through a fair bit of champagne which is quite alright by me. People give you bottles of the stuff!

3. If you are even the slightest bit organised and aware of what you want people will call you a Bridezilla. They will then continue to bemoan long engagements in the same breath.

4. Cutting down a guest list from 200+ to 100 is really, really hard and sometimes you just have to be ruthless.

5. Stamps are pricey when buying in bulk.

6. Excel spreadsheets are a lifesaver.

7. Try and book your venue as soon as you can. The magazines say a year before but it depends when/where you want to get married. Some places we looked at were booked until 2018!

8. Pinterest is everything.

9. Getting used to saying fiance is tricky. I think I sound like I'm bragging.

10. If, like me, you love being centre of attention being newly engaged is the best thing ever. You get to talk about yourself and people have to seem interested.

I mean mostly it's just pretty great and I don't think I have stopped smiling for six weeks.

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment