Wednesday 18 March 2015

A Small Hiatus

Without really meaning to I appear to have taken a little break from blogging. My brain is struggling to work as of late and I am finding that it is dried up and pulls zero inspiration from anything productive or even fun.

Even now I am not really writing this with any idea in mind other than the fact that I feel I have been neglectful which just won't do. I am also currently toying with the idea of just producing a baking/cooking blog as most of my posts now-a-day's seem to be about food. However I am loathe to drop the hauls, favourites and other chatty bits as I enjoy writing them.

So in Cara's life recently, the following has happened:
  • I've lost over a stone after some serious calorie counting and a different attitude to the whole thing. I've still got some to go but...progress. This also means I have dropped a dress size which means more shopping
  • I have been asked to stay on at my job for another few months, which is very good news because I don't actually mind going in every day even if it is a bitch of a commute
  • We have re-signed to our house for another year which means no moving/packing and this will be our third year in the house which is a record for me as before I seemed to move every 2 seconds
  • I am only TWO, yes two, essays away from completing my English Literature degree after a six year hard slog
  • My brother and girlfriend got engaged which is the loveliest news in the world and means I will soon have a sister-in-law 
  • I am getting more excited than ever about Glastonbury in less than 100 days, and will be praying for sunshine as we get closer

I'd say that in the grand scheme of things, it's all looking pretty great right now, especially with spring just around the corner bringing my birthday along with it. I'm coming to terms with the fact I will be 27 slowly, but with a good feeling.

I will try harder to bring more blog posts to the table. I think I had a small slump as I wondered in fact if anyone at all was reading but I was cheered by a chance meeting with someone I had only meet once before on a night out. She greeted me by shouting 'Pourable Sunshine!' which made me feel very sunshiney indeed.

If you haven't already do go and have a look at Pourable Sunshine's Cookery channel. We put some time into the video's and would love to know if there is anything you would like to see being baked.

And that's all really - I now have a guilt-free conscience and you have a little something to read on a Wednesday afternoon. It's a Win-Win really.

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment